Fund Raising — Bingos
Bingos are important for our fund-raising initiatives that help subsidize costs associated with our wrestling program. London-Western is a registered not-for-profit club, and our Age-Group coaches are volunteers. We take pride in saying that almost all of our fundraising is directed back to the members to support their participation in competitive events.
Scheduled Bingos (volunteers needed)
Friday, April 21, 2017 (Late Night Bingo – 4 helpers starting 9:15 pm) thanks – Stephanie, Enselmo, and Tanya & Wayne
Sunday, May 14, 2017 thanks — Stephanie and guest, Anthony, Sonny, Pauline
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 thanks — Stephanie, Nate, Beth.
Saturday, July 8, 2017 thanks — Pamela, Ester & family, Robin & family
Tuesday, August 8, 2017 volunteers needed
Saturday, September 9, 2017 volunteers needed
Tuesday, September 19, 2017 volunteers needed
Positions needed: 5 volunteers per bingo
Shift 1: 3 persons at 5:00-8:00 pm (approximate end times). The Bingo Coordinator may allow Shift 1 workers to depart after intermission if bingo is operating efficiently. General duties include, making change, working shutter boards, selling bingo cards.
Shift 2: 2 persons at 6:15 pm to end of bingo (approximate end time 9:30 pm’sh) General duties include working shutter boards and clean up.
Matinee bingo: If we have a matinee bingo in the afternoon, the start times are 12:30 (3 persons) and 1:45 pm (2 persons) with finish by 5:00 pm.
Late bingo: If we have a late bingo, the start time is 9:30 pm (4 persons). Finish well past midnight (for night owls!)
Location: Country Bingo Hall: 1106 Dearness Drive, London. (behind Best Buy across from White Oaks Mall).
- Click: Bingo location map
- Buses 10 and 13 pass near it – get off at the Wellington and Dearness stop
- If you sign-up and unexpectedly cannot attend, please contact your alternate as soon as possible so that he/she can work in your place.
- It is important that workers arrive on time.
- Dan Huggins is in charge of the bingo (Wrestling alumnus and Club Board member), please follow his instructions.
- Be courteous to players and bingo staff
- Work hard & have FUN!
Bingo Coordinator: Dan Huggins